The main purpose of installing McAfee antivirus product in the device is virus threat. No matter which McAfee product you are using but you should always make sure that you run a full system scan regularly. If you are using McAfee Total Protection then running a virus scan will either remove the infected file or quarantine it. This allows you to use your system without any worry. To run full system scan please follow the given steps:
• Open the interface of your antivirus, after its installation you will be able to see its icon on the desktop.
• Double-click the icon to run the software.
• Click on update button so that your antivirus could even scan new viruses. It won’t be correct to run a full system scan without having latest security suite.
• Once the update gets finished, click on the section reading “Real-time scanning”.
• Now click on “Scan your PC”, a new window will appear, on which you need to click on “Run a full scan”.
McAfee Total Protection will start scanning your device for any sort of malicious file or folder. Once the scan gets finished, take the appropriate action to remove the virus and then close the program. In case you are using any other McAfee product then take help from our antivirus executives to learn how to run a virus scan for system security.